Get your Tennessee Souvenirs! Happy 217th Birthday today Tennessee!
Tennessee Souvenirs are on special at JP’s Bear’s for one day only in celebration of the states birthday this June 1st.
Tennessee became the 16th state on June 1, 1796. And for today only you can use the coupon code TNBDAY13 on any of your favorite Tennessee state souvenirs. Choose from several of our Symbolz, Souvies or Peace Pals and receive a 20% discount on your order.
Here are some fun state facts:
- The highest point in Tennessee is the Clingmans Dome, which is located in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park). Its elevation is 6,643 feet above sea level. This is also one of the most visited national parks in the United States.
- The longest nonstop running live radio program in the world is Nashville’s “Grand Ole Opry”. It has aired since 1925, every Friday and Saturday evening.
- The Lost Sea, which is located inside a mountain near Sweetwater in East Tennessee, is recorded by the Guinness Book of World Records as America’s largest underground lake.
- The Memphis Cotton Exchange which is located in downtown Memphis, made Memphis a main port on the Mississippi River was founded in 1874.
- Tennessee and Missouri tie as the state that borders the most states. They are bordered by eight states each.
- Its nickname is the “The Volunteer State”
- The state flower is the Iris
- The state bird is the Mockingbird
- The state tree is the Tulip Poplar
You can keep up to date on all of our products at our JP’s Bear’s Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. We post fun pictures of the stuffed bears on their journeys as well as the latest items that we have recently extended to our inventory. Also we post specials and retired state souvenirs frequently, so there’s almost always a special priced state bear being offered.