Get your Mississippi Souvenirs! Happy 196th Birthday today Mississippi!
Mississippi Souvenirs are on special at JP’s Bear’s for one day only in celebration of the states birthday this December 10th.
Mississippi became the 20st state on December 10, 1817. And for today only you can use the coupon code MISS196 on any of your favorite Mississippi state souvenirs. Choose from Mississippi Symbolz and Souvies and receive a 20% discount on these state souvenirs.
Here are some fun state facts:
- Elvis Presley “The King of Rock N’ Roll” was born in Tupelo, Mississippi on January 8, 1935.
- The Vicksburg National Cemetery is the second largest cemetery in the USA after Arlington National Cemetery. It’s 116 acres of land holds 17,000 Civil War Union soldiers.
- Pine Sol brand cleaner was invented by Harry A. Cole in 1929 who lived in a pine forest near Jackson, Mississippi. In 1990 the Clorox Company acquired the formula and extended the line with other scented products.
- An American surgeon named Dr. James D. Hardy performed the very first human lung transplant in 1963 at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
- Its nicknames are the “Magnolia State”
- The state flower is the Magnolia
- The state bird is the Mockingbird
- The state tree is the Magnolia
You can keep up to date on all of our products at our JP’s Bear’s Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. We post pictures of the stuffed bears on their journeys as well as the latest items that we have recently extended to our inventory. Also we post specials and retired state souvenirs frequently, so there’s almost always a special priced state bear being offered.