Michigan Souvenirs are on special at JP’s Bear’s for one day only in celebration of the states birthday this January 26th.
Michigan became the 26th state on January 26, 1837. And for today only you can use the coupon code MI177 on any of your favorite Michigan state souvenirs. Choose from Michigan Symbolz and Souvies and receive a 20% discount on these state souvenirs.
Here are some fun state facts:
– The Detroit Zoo was the very first zoo in America to feature the cage less, open-exhibits that permitted the animals the freedom to roam free.
– Michigan has the longest freshwater shoreline in the whole world. It has about 11,000 inland lakes and more than 36,000 miles of streams. Michigan also has 116 lighthouses. Anywhere you stand in the state, you are only about 85 miles from one of the states great lakes.
In 1862, pharmacist James Vernor created the ginger ale, “Vernors” in Detroit. It was the first soda pop made in the United States.
– Detroit is known as the car capital of the world, “Motor City”. In Wayne County in 1909, the first mile of concrete highway in the world was constructed on Woodward Avenue between six and seven mile roads.
– Its nicknames are the “Wolverine State”
– The state flower is the Apple Blossom
– The state bird is the Robin
– The state tree is the White Pine
You can keep up to date on all of our products at our JP’s Bear’s Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. We post pictures of the stuffed bears on their journeys as well as the latest items that we have recently extended to our inventory. Also we post specials and retired state souvenirs frequently, so there’s almost always a special priced state bear being offered.