Get your Kansas Souvenirs! Happy 153rd Birthday today Kansas!
Kansas Souvenirs are on special at JP’s Bear’s for one day only in celebration of the states birthday this January 29th.
Kansas became the 34th state on January 29, 1861. And for today only you can use the coupon code KS153 on any of your favorite Kansas state souvenirs. Choose from Kansas Symbolz and Peace Pals and receive a 20% discount on these state souvenirs.
Here are some fun state facts:
- Susanna Madora “Dora Salter” was the very first woman elected as mayor in Argonia, Kansas in 1887. She was also the first woman elected to any political office in the United States.
- Brothers, Frank and Dan Carney opened the world’s first Pizza Hut restaurant borrowing $600 from their mom in Wichita, Kansas 1958.
- The 34th president of the United States, Dwight D. Eisenhower considers his hometown to be Abilene, Kansas. The family moved there from Texas in 1892. He loved the outdoors and would often cap on the Smokey Hill River.
- The world’s largest ball of twine is located in Cawker City, Kansas. Frank Stoeber started the ball in 1953 and he gave the ball to Cawker City in 1961. Extra twin is added by the residents and visitors every August at the “Twine-A-Thon”.
- Its nicknames are the “Sunflower State”
- The state flower is the Sunflower
- The state bird is the Western Meadowlark
- The state tree is the Cottonwood
You can keep up to date on all of our products at our JP’s Bear’s Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. We post pictures of the stuffed bears on their journeys as well as the latest items that we have recently extended to our inventory. Also we post specials and retired state souvenirs frequently, so there’s almost always a special priced state bear being offered.